The mission of MOGLYNET is to define a joint doctorate educational training model in Drug Discovery and Development where Academia and Industry join their forces for:
• creating a common platform of knowledge and language for early stage researchers (ESR) working in Drug Discovery and Development aiming to convey complementary pharma-skills.
• establishing structures for long-term cooperation, strengthening the relationships among the leading Universities and Pharma-enterprises and to continuously develop the research training platform that European industry relies on.
To achieve the above objectives the main tasks of MOGLYNET are:
• to train 12 ESRs in a joint academic/industrial programme of cutting-edge training-by-research, high quality supervision, complementary and transferable Pharma-skills training, inter-network secondments, and workshops/Summer Schools.
• to pursue an innovative research project that will tackle a timely and important scientific problem with a multidisciplinary approach (from molecular modelling to in vivo studies).
• to transfer expertise/know-how among the Consortium participants and to external groups via networking activities, intersectorial exposure, secondments, workshops, sharing of learning material, public engagement and outreach activities.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will become highly skilled researchers and professionals, matching the requirements of public and private sectors.
The breadth and depth of the programme will prepare PhD students for a wide range of career opportunities. They may find opportunities in university, public and private research centers, hospital, public administration, government agencies and international organizations. They could join dynamic positions in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies including research and development, clinical trials, quality assurance and control, regulatory affairs, and marketing and sales.